Due to a change in the iTunes in Nov/Dec 2017. You will not be able access Sonicwarper's App Store page if you're on a desktop computer. Please use your iPad to access Sonicwarper's App Store Page
Sonicwarper turns your iPad into a gamepad-style DJ controller for Traktor Pro. Traktor Pro is an industry-leading DJ software by Native Instruments that runs on a desktop/laptop.
Sonicwarper runs on the iPad, and controls Traktor Pro running on a desktop/laptop wirelessly over Bluetooth LE. Please ensure both devices support Bluetooth LE before purchasing Sonicwarper.
How to Use Sonicwarper
You may configure the looks and behaviors of the buttons on Sonicwarper's unique quad-bowswitch design to suit
your playing style.
To configure the looks/behaviors of a button, turn on Edit Mode in Settings, then tap on the button you want to configure.
To play Sonicwarper, turn off Edit Mode.
The look of a button consists of its color, main label, and small label.
You must set the color of a button in order for it to be tappable.
The behavior of a button determines how the button works.
Types of Behaviors
- MIDI (Hold to Activate) - Send MIDI note "on" on touch-in, and send MIDI note "off" on touch-out.
- MIDI (Toggle) - Alternate between sending MIDI note "on" and "off" on touch-in.
- MIDI (Touch-In) - Send MIDI note or CC value on touch-in.
- MIDI (Touch-Out) - Send MIDI note or CC value on touch-out.
- Map to Motion (Hold to Activate) - Hold to map motion to MIDI CC value. Simply put - hold to "activate motion".
- Map to Motion (Toggle) - Alternate between mapping and unmapping motion to MIDI CC value on touch-in. Simply put - tap to toggle between "activating" and "deactivating" motion.
Types of Motions
- Dive/Raise - screen facing you, point down (i.e. decrease value,
"dive") or up (i.e. increase value, "raise").
- Rotate - screen facing you, turning along the spine of the device
anti-clockwise (i.e. decrease value), or clockwise (i.e. increase value).