Sonicwarper is coming soon. Do sign-up to our mailing list
to be notified when
Sonicwarper is launched.
On this page, we'd show you how to connect Sonicwarper to your Mac/Windows devices.
The following video demonstrates how to connect Sonicwarper running on the iPad to Traktor Pro running on a MacBook Pro.
(Youtube video embed)
Bluetooth LE MIDI is supported by Windows 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607) and newer. Your Windows device must support Bluetooth LE and run Windows 10 (version 1607 and above) in order to use it with Sonicwarper.
The process of connecting Sonicwarper to a Windows device is largely similar to the process of connecting to a Mac. (Do watch the Mac setup video if you need an idea of the process).
To connect Sonicwarper running on an iPad to Traktor Pro running on a Windows 10 (version 1607 and above) device:
- Pair Sonicwarper iPad with the Windows 10 device on Bluetooth.
- If you can’t find the Bluetooth MIDI device in the Traktor Pro, bridge the input iPad bluetooth device to Traktor Pro’s virtual MIDI port using MIDIBerry. The author of MIDIBerry is kind to offer the software free of charge. See how the author of MIDIBerry perform such bridging with a hardware controller to a DAW running on Windows 10 over Bluetooth LE in this Youtube video.
- Download and install the latest Traktor Pro mapping file for Sonicwarper.
- Test and troubleshoot linkage.
Testing and Troubleshooting
Here are some tips to test and troubleshoot the linkage.
- First, find out if the iPad is sending MIDI to the desktop correctly. Use a MIDI monitor app (e.g. for Mac, for Windows) to ascertain if MIDI signal is coming in from your iPad to your desktop.
- If MIDI signals are being sent from Sonicwarper on your iPad to the Mac/Windows device correctly (i.e. they show up in the MIDI monitor running on the Mac/Windows), check to make sure the Sonicwarper's controller mapping for Traktor is correctly installed, and make sure you have the right input/output ports correctly selected in the Traktor's Preferences > Controller panel.